Welcome to Zing!
Zing is owned and operated by Zing Apps LLC.
Zing values your privacy. This notice describes what information we collect, how we use it, and, if necessary, those with whom we share it.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The personal data of the users that are collected and processed through:
Will be under responsibility and in charge of:
Zing Apps LLC
444 West Ocean Blvd, Suite 800
Long Beach CA 90802
(Hereinafter referred to as “Zing”)
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION GATHERED
The information we collect, store and use from customers primarily helps us to provide our services. Here are the types of information we collect:
Information You Give Us. You provide information when you search, read and view content on the websites and platforms, register as a user, use the applications, use the services or communicate with us. As a result of those actions, you may provide us with the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number (includes WhatsApp)
- Address and zip code
- Payment information
- IP address
Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through our websites or online presence such as ‘cookies’.
Zing will not collect any personally identifiable information about you, unless you provide it.
Payment information: Your credit card information or payment information, will be processed by the payment platforms available in Zing, which will treat and safeguard your data with total security and with the exclusive purpose of processing the purchase of the services. Zing reserves the right to contract any payment platform available in the market, which treats your data for the exclusive purpose of processing the purchase of the services.
Facebook Pixel: Our platform uses Facebook pixels that enable us, our advertisers, and service providers:
- Collect statistics on our platforms and social networks (for example, the number of users who visited a page).
- Collect information about how you interact with our platforms and social networks (e.g., whether you opened or followed links contained within).
- Personalize online services and marketing communications.
- Match ads to users and optimize advertising campaigns.
Automatic Information. Like many websites, we use "cookies." We obtain certain types of anonymous information that is not personally identifiable when your web browser accesses Zing or third-party content served by or on behalf of Zing on other websites. Some of the information we collect and analyze includes the Internet protocol (IP) address; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and connection speed; purchase history; and the content you searched for, viewed, and possibly purchased.
What are Cookies?
Cookies" are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They allow the website to recognize your device and remember if you have been to the website before.
Cookies are used to measure which parts of the website users visit and to personalize their experience. Cookies also provide information that helps us monitor and improve the performance of the website.
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’, ‘tool’, or ‘edit’ section. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies, including strictly necessary Cookies, you may not be able to access or use all or parts of the functionalities of Zing.
If you want to remove previously-stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent Zing from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
We provide the links for the management and blocking of cookies depending on the browser you use:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/deletemanage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-datasfri11471/mac
Third-party cookies may come from partners or third-party companies that provide functional web services or tools for our websites and the optimal functioning and operation of our services. We use third-party cookies responsibly and for the sole purpose of providing optimal functioning
of the platforms and services. You may opt-out of these cookies by following the cookie removal information contained in this document or the technical information of the browser from which you access our website and services.
Session cookies are used to keep the session open for users when they log in to the websites and platforms with their credentials and password. Session cookies are temporary and are deleted from your machine when the session is closed and the browser is closed. We use session cookies to keep your session open when you use our services and to identify you on our system each time you log on to the websites and platforms when you start a session. The data collected by Zing and/or through Cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned above.
Uses of Cookies
Our Cookies are used for the following purposes:
Strictly Necessary: These Cookies are essential for Zing to perform its basic functions.
Security: We use these Cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
Analytics and Performance: Performance Cookies collect information on how users interact with our websites, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our website function and to understand how users interact
Advertising: These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to visitors who use our services or visit the websites and platforms we host or provide, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on our websites. They track details such as the number of
unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to build user profiles, including showing you ads based on products you’ve viewed on our websites. These are set by Zing and trusted third party networks and are generally persistent in nature.
Analytics: We use Google Analytics provided by Google, Inc., USA (“Google”). These tool and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and
the United States. We use the GOOGLE Analytics collection of data to enhance the websites and platforms and improve our services.
4. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
The personal data will be kept for the time necessary to provide the services, the functionalities of the applications or as long as the user does not withdraw his consent or his account is closed or deleted. The user's personal data will be deleted from our database immediately after the user withdraws his consent or his account is deleted. Zing may be permitted to retain personal data for a longer period, provided that the user has given his or her consent to such processing and provided that such consent is not withdrawn. In addition, Zing may be required to retain personal data for a longer period if this is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation or by order of an authority. After the retention period has expired, the personal data will be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right of deletion, the right of rectification, and the right of preservation of the data cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current platforms and services and to develop new services. We use personal information collected through our site as described below and described elsewhere in this Policy to:
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Users registration.
- Provide the services.
- Process payments.
- Provide the applications and the functionalities of the applications.
- Improve our services, website, and how we operate our business.
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website and services.
- Send emails through bulk email delivery platforms such as MailChimp and Klaviyo.
Communicate with you through our support team.
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices,
updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products and services
offered by Zing.
- Marketing purposes of Zing.
- Link or combine your information with other information we get from third parties to
help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
6. HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
7. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include process payments, sending email, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Protection of Zing and others. We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Zing, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit
With Your Consent. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Anonymous Information. Zing uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the platform and website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
Email Address. The email address that you supply to us for purposes of receiving our email communications will never be rented or sold to a third party.
8. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. If transactions are processed on the Website, transaction information is transmitted to and from the websites in encrypted form
using industry-standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. We restrict authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information.
Zing follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Zing receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Zing strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data provided to Zing:
- Access your personal data.
- Request the correction of inaccurate data.
- Request its deletion.
- Request a limitation of the processing of your data.
- Oppose the treatment of your data.
- Request your portability.
- Not be subject to automated individual decisions.
The users can exercise all these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Without preconception to any other administrative appeal or legal action, the user shall have the right to submit a claim to a control authority, in particular in the State in which he or she has their habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your personal data is not appropriate to the regulations, as well as in the case of not seeing the exercise of your rights satisfied. The control authority in which the claim was filed will inform the claimant about the course and result of the claim.
10. EU MEMBERS’ RIGHTS (GDPR COMPLIANT)
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances.
We describe these rights below:
- Access and Porting: You can access your information at any time.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by contacting us.
- Object: Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Revoke consent: Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to process data about you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- Complain: Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside
You can see more about these rights at:
11. CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE (CalOPPA)
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA).
According to the California Online Privacy act, you have the following rights:
- Know what personal data is being collected.
- Know whether your personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- Access to your personal data.
- Request to delete any personal information about you.
- Not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights.
12. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
13. EDITING AND DELETING INFORMATION
If you believe that any information, we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us through our contact information or contact page; we will promptly correct any information that is incorrect, inaccurate or imprecise. You may change, modify, rectify and delete your information at any time by sending us your request through our contact information or contact page. To unsubscribe from Zing email, follow the instructions included in the email or send us your request through our contact information or contact page. Your request must be processed within 48 hours.
14. SUPPLIERS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
Zing regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Zing treatment of personal information by contacting us.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is Zing policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Zing and an individual.
16. CONTACT US
You’re the Expert at Education.We’re the Experts at Education Marketing!
Stop wasting time and money on marketing that doesn't work and instead
experience the thrill of seeing your school grow & thrive!
Book a free strategy call now to find out how we can help your school.